Do you have a brave heart to conquer heights? Whether that’s a yes or no get ready to feed your eyes with the stunning view Mt. Binacayan.
Mt. Binacayan is situated in Rodriguez, a town in Rizal province that is less than an hour away from the city. It is popularly known for its sea of clouds which you can fully experience during the months of June and July.
Before I give you more details of the itinerary, please watch my travel vlog below. This is my first episode.
Here are 3 ways on how to get to Mt. Binacayan.
Via Farmers Cubao
In front of Jollibee Farmers there are UV express than go directly to Eastwood, Montalban fare is 50PHP.
Get off at Luvers (last stop). Ride a tricycle from there to WAWA Dam. Fare is 60 PHP good for 4 persons.
Via LiTex Commonwealth
Ride a jeepney in Litex going to Montalban Bayan. Fare is 20php.
Get off at Robinsons Town Centre, ride a tricycle going to Luvers fare is 8 PHP per person.
At Luvers ride a tricycle going to WAWA Dam, 60 PHP good for 4 persons.
Via Robinsons Metro East
In Robinsons Metro East Terminal or beside Sta. Lucia Mall ride a UV Express going to Eastwood Montalban. Fare is 40 PHP.
Get off at Luvers and ride a tricycle from Luvers to WAWA Dam. Fare is 60 PHP good for 4 persons.
Suggested Itinerary: (via Farmers cubao)
02:30 AM – Assembly in front of Jollibee farmers Cubao Plaza
03:00 AM – ETD Eastwood Montalban
04:00 AM – ETA Eastwood Montalban/Luvers, from there ride tricycle to Brgy. Wawa.
04:15 AM – ETA Brgy. Wawa.
4:30 AM – DENR Registration and Brgy. Donation
4:45 AM – Start Ascend
5:00 AM – Mang Michael’s store on the way to rockies
5:45 AM – Peak 1
6:00 AM – Dinasaur Peak
6:45 AM – Summit
7:30 AM – Descend
9:00 AM – Breakfast
9:30 AM – Sidetrip to Wawa Dam
10:30 AM – Wash up
11:00 AM – ETD, ride a Jeepney instead of tricycles
UV transfers (via cubao) – 100 roundtrip
Tricycle transfers – 15 (60 php / 4 pax)
Jeepney transfers Wawa Dam to Eastwood Montalban – 8 php
DENR Registration- 50 php
Brgy. Donation- any amount will do
Tour Guide – 125 php (500 php / 4 pax)
Food Budget – 200 php
TOTAL = 498 php
- Bring plenty of water
- Bring snacks
- Bring extra clothes
- This trail requires hand gloves, you can buy it for 30 php in Brgy.
- For Beginners, if you need to rest just tell your tour guide. Do not force yourself there is no need to rush.
- Always keep your trash with you
- Wear comfy and colorful clothes for IG worthy pictures 😊
- There are plenty of comfort rooms in front of DENR satellite office where you can wash up
- AVOID BEING A photobomber. Wait for your turn when taking pictures, besides your tour guide will assist you. (Tour guides in Mt. Binacayan are great in taking pictures)
- 500 PHP tour fee is good for maximum of 5 pax.
- The Estimated Budget is also applicable if you were to climb Mt. Pamitinan and Mt. Hapunang Banoi.
Mt. Binacayan offers the scenic view of the Sierra Madre Mountains. Not just that, this Mountain is riched in Japanese-Filipino war history. The tour guides are all locals that lives on the foot of the Binacayan, so you can ask them anything you wanted to know about during the hike. Besides, they are very accommodating and friendly and have great photography skills.
Do you have any vlogs of any topic that you want to share with VoicePoints readers? Send a copy or the link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WRITE A RESPONSE ARTICLE
Response article enables VoicePoints readers to respond to the article published by the author by completing the form below. Under ‘Message’ box, please ensure to include the title of the main article you are responding.
About the Author
- Cha is a Certified Public Accountant. She graduated from the University of Sto. Tomas. As a student, Cha served as Pax Romana’s Catechetical Chairperson. Currently, she is an external auditor from R.G. Manabat & Co. (KPMG in the Philippines). Cha enjoys outdoor activities like hiking and spelunking.